Archive for the ‘Website Features’ Category
Private Property’s billboard banner subscription places your branding on specific pages, positioning you as an area specialist and acting as a mandate acquisition product – as well as helping you to attract the best agent talent to your agency. This is the best, most high-profile online branding opportunity available.
How does a billboard banner work?
- It appears as the header banner on any page for the month of the subscription
- A billboard banner features an agency’s branding and a short slogan
- The slogan can be changed every month
- When a browser clicks on a billboard banner, he will be redirected to the agents’ page on www.privateproperty.co.za
- The agents’ page shows all properties and agents
- A billboard banner features at the top of the first page of searched suburbs and is not repeated on subsequent pages
- Billboard banners can be purchased for single suburbs (eg, Umhlanga Rocks) but not for higher-level areas (eg, Umhlanga, which contains multiple single suburbs)
- Higher-level areas (eg, Umglanga) do not feature billboard banners – instead, such pages feature an area specialist section on the right-hand side of the page, which shows all the billboards in that area
- If one agent owns billboard banners for every single suburb that makes up a higher-level area, then that agent’s billboard will appear instead of the area specialist feature
- There is no limit on the number of billboard banner subscriptions that an agency may purchase
- Suburbs are priced according to activity – high-volume browser areas are priced at a premium
Private Property invests a lot into researching consumers’ impressions of our products and you’ll see below how well our new site is working compared with the old.
Perhaps most interesting of all is the fact that we’re now getting more weekend “hits” than ever before. In fact, these browsing numbers top those for during the week. So when you get new listings, make sure you advertise them by Friday to get the most bang for your buck.
Here are some more facts on our new improved site …
- The bounce rate represents the percentage of visitors who enter the site and “bounce” (leave the site) rather than continue viewing other pages within the same site
- The bounce rate of the new site has improved by 14% from the old site – more people are viewing more pages
- This is the number of pages that a specific browser opens during a single visit to the site
- The number of visited pages per user on the new site has increased by 13% from the old site
- The average visit duration refers to the average amount of time that a browser spends on the site.
- This has improved by nearly 8% from the old site to the new.
- The conversion rate relates to the number of pages visited compared to the number of leads generated off the site
- The average conversion rate has improved by 8% from the old site to the new
Private Property’s million-or-so monthly browsers are using our new site’s “feedback” capability to tell us what they think. Here are some randomly selected comments:
- “I spend a lot of time browsing property websites. I’ve been to them all and I have to say this is by far the best.”
- “Fantastic new site! Great user experience, visually stunning and fast.”
- “Love it! Doing it blog-style ushers in a feeling of familiarity. I like the look and layout – it works for me!”
- “I want to commend the team on the changes to the site. It looks really good, and is also very easy to navigate.”
- “The new website is absolutely lovely and has a warm feel! It makes me want to house-hunt all day.”
And this is what other agents have said …
- “Your new website is stunning, easy to use and great for all. Thanks.”
- “It looks great and seems to work well.”
- “Awesome site – love everything!”
What do you think? Please let us know what works for you (and what doesn’t) by clicking here.
Private Property’s new iPad app, designed in conjunction with the company’s all-new website, became South Africa’s number one free app in terms of downloads – within a week of its release.
Released on 1 June, this second version of Private Property’s iPad app sat at the top position of the SA app store’s free “general” category within a few days. To date there have been more than 22 000 downloads and upgrades of this version and, with more than 76 000 active users, it remains one of the country’s top lifestyle apps.
The app allows house-hunters to find their next “pad” via a text, location-based or suburb navigation search. The team designed the app to enable browsers to access their favourite tools from anywhere in the app using the nifty all-new slide-menu.
Private Property’s COO Simon Bray says that the technical design gives browsers easy access to Private Property’s estate agents, private sellers and landlords by means of an in-app feature that not only provides contact details and allows direct messaging but also enables browsers to easily search for an area’s top agents with the Find Agents feature.
Additionally the app has an elegant and simple design makes it “intuitive and fun to use”.
The development period was a great team effort, he says. “I am delighted to see the response. With distinct design changes to an interface that is familiar to many users, there is bound to be a period of adjustment, but our objective in every area has been to improve the overall user experience. We want buyers, sellers, renters and agents to be engaged and enabled.”
He also points out that that users have quick access to their most recent searches directly off the app’s home page.
AN AWESOME EXPERIENCE
Simon says that the process of searching for a new home should be “awesome”.
“People should be inspired when looking for their next home and so we’ve found ways to make the whole process easier. Whether they’re planning to buy or rent, the Private Property iPad app will inspire the search and ensure that they find the home of their dreams.”
All of Private Property’s listings are detailed and up-to-date with comprehensive photo galleries, and most have walk-through videos and 360° virtual tours – features that are supported on the app.
Private Property is renowned for using technology to transform the local property industry, and has been an innovator in the South African digital property space since its inception.
Features to come soon include:
- A “wish list
- Saved searches that generate push notifications to browsers whenever suitable properties are loaded
- A log-in and register capability
- A facility that enables sellers and landlords to load their listings onto www.privateproperty.co.za directly via the app.
The iPad app is free to download and use. Simply search for it in the app store.
Log on to www.privateproperty.co.za to browse the completely re-designed and re-engineered site.
We have a new home – a brand-new website that we built to make the property search an awesome experience for your clients. Please browse our site, and let us know what you think of our new digs!
We’re obsessed with the idea of taking the stress out of listing your stock. Changing stress to success makes up happy – and we’re sure that it pleases you too.
But we’re as passionate about pushing the boundaries … ensuring that we’ll be better tomorrow than we are today. We’re constantly working to help accommodate all the information you need to create the best listings possible; information that is intuitively presented and prettily packaged.
Our first goal is to make it easier for buyers and tenants to find their perfect homes and start talking to you – the agents. Our second goal is to deliver consistently outstanding service. Because we really love it when you’re happy.
We’re inspired by property. But we’re also inspired by our people and the quality of service that we offer.
In the words of the late Steve Jobs, “here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the square pegs in round holes”. Our people mostly fall into these categories. They keep it interesting. But they’re also at the top of their game: qualified and experienced specialists who are passionate about what they do. So, our site is functional and practical. But it’s also beautiful and fun.
We can’t be the portal of choice if our quality is sloppy, and so we strive to publish awesome content. And that’s why we demand the highest standards from you. We want our browsers to fall in love with their new homes at first sight – while viewing it online, in their slippers if that’s their regular browsing attire. But we can only do this with your help.
Visit privateproperty.co.za now!
And if you think we’ve missed something, our team is waiting to talk to you – call 087 375 1000 or email email@example.com.
- A Billboard features an agency’s branding and a short slogan
- The slogan can be changed every month
- When a browser clicks on a Billboard, he will be redirected to the agents’ page on the new Private Property website
- The agents’ page shows all properties and agents
- Billboard stats are tracked to show return on investment
- A Billboard features at the top of the first page of searched suburbs and is not repeated on subsequent pages
- Billboards can be purchased for single suburbs(eg Umhlanga Rocks) but not for higher-level areas (eg, Umhlanga, which contains multiple single suburbs)
- Higher-level areas (eg, Umglanga) do not feature Billboards – instead, such pages feature an Area Specialist section on the right-hand side of the page, which shows all the banners in that area
- If one agent owns Billboards for every single suburb that makes up a higher-level area, then that agent’s Billboard will appear instead of the Area Specialist feature
Have you checked out our new site yet? You really should!
It contains a bunch of nifty features that we’ve built to help you gain visibility and move more stock, faster:
- A world-first “listing score”
- A “featured listing” component
- A “featured agent” system
Want to ensure that your listings appear most prominently? Check out how the listing score works …
Be seen first, be seen often!
Our Featured Listing product is an easy-to-use ranking-beater for when you as an estate agent really need to highlight a property.
Privateproperty.co.za is unique in the property advertising landscape for one key reason: we score listings based on quality of content. This browser-centric approach promotes your great-quality stock to our hundreds of thousands of potential buyers. Our ranking system rewards listings for having enhanced visuals like virtual tours and videos, and for those tough-to-find but valuable pieces of information like rates or floor area.
But we know that sometimes even the best content isn’t enough – you want to make sure your listing is seen first and seen often. Featured Listing does exactly this. It’s a shortcut to the top of the list results. This means you now have a way to really show off your extra-special properties.
You can use a Premium Listing slot to feature any of your properties at any time. If you don’t have the time to do the stocking then we’ll automatically stock your slot with your best quality listing, thereby ensuring that you always get the maximum value from the marketing budget that you entrust to us.
To find out more, or to book a Featured Listing slot, please contact Raakhee.
Privateproperty.co.za has a new home – a brand-new website that we built to better showcase you and your listings, to make it even easier to sell and lease your stock.
Like any move, there are still stacks of boxes to unpack and a few unfinished areas but we’re working hard to get settled in. In the meantime, please browse our site, and let us know what you think of our new digs.
Boost your exposure!
As always we’re offering you unbeatable exposure through virtual tours and quality images, and now we’re also offering a world-first: a reality ranking. You’ll also still have email and SMS alerts sent to interested browsers and receive a heads-up on the number of views and leads that your listings attract.
You simply can’t afford to miss out on this great exposure! With more than a million unique browsers, there’s bound to be a buyer or tenant out there for you.
Our focus is on generating quality leads for you. So, to entice more browsers to our new site, we’ve imbued it with some great qualities … here are the attractions for your potential buyers and tenants for you properties:
- We’re hoping to inspire people who are looking for a new home. It’s more than just an investment, it’s a lifestyle choice. Great imagery, convenient features and beautiful properties make house hunting an enjoyable experience.”
- People buy and sell property. We’re introducing our browsers to the people behind the properties that they love. You – our preferred professional agents – and also our slightly zany team. We are working hard to put a face to every name.
- Virtual tours, videos, street maps and an industry-first “reality score” all help browsers to pick the perfect place. Using our all-new site, they can fall in love with their new home while sitting in their favourite chair, feet up, feeling like they’re already there.
We’d love your feedback!