After many months of design, frantic coding, usability studies, changes, more coding and more testing, we can now show you the new website (still in beta)!
For those not fully clued up on web lingo “beta” means that the site is functional but still has a few known bugs that we are sorting out. While we track down the bugs and do some small tweaks before the official release, we will continue to run the old site as the main site, but slowly encourage people to try out the new version.
All going well we will officially change over to the new site by 1 September 2010, and decommission the old site.
Some notable features:
- Our focus has been search, search, search. We want to make it as easy as possible for the property hunter to find what they want, so now we have a google-like fuzzy search bar, interactive map-based searching as well as the traditional text links to help navigate to our properties of interest.
- Clean interface – 90% of our users come to the site to do one thing – find their dream home, so we’ve stripped out any unnecessary clutter.
- Filtering – we have also made the filtering mechanism much more accessable, so that once you get to your preferred location you can easily filter for bedrooms, bathrooms, price range and other attributes to return only the properties that fit your need and your budget.
- Favourites “pin board” – on the right hand side of the search results we have put a handy pinboard to help you organise your favourite properties. We are going to build a whole lot of cool features such as favourites sharing and comparison to help the buyer or tenant narrow down his or her options.
- Punchy listing details page – first thing you’ll notice is that the photographs are much bigger, actually 4 times the size of the photos on the old site. We really believe that a good photo paints a thousand words, so the more you can entice a buyer with attractive photos the more leads you’ll get. The integrated google map and points of interest info also helps the user to match the properties with their needs, and maps are being used more and more, in line with international trends and demands from browsers
- Some things are still being tweaked before we show them to you, including a new mandate lead generator designed to help you get more seller leads – we think this is going to rock!
So please go and check out our new site, and take a moment to send us feedback using the “beta box” which is found at the bottom of every page. We’ll definitely listen to your comments and feedback and use them to help us improve on the site over time.