No, No, No, is the first reaction we get when we do Sole Mandate training sessions with estate agents.
“The market is tough, the seller doesn’t want to. The agents don’t know how to…”
Haven’t we heard all the excuses in the book for not signing that sole & exclusive mandate?
Yes, we all know it’s a numbers game, we know he who rules the stock, rules the area, but we also know by signing a Sole & Exclusive Mandate, we sign our own Salary Cheque at the end of the month.
An interesting fact is that 80% of all buyers worldwide start searching for property online and what better platform to advertise than on Private Property.
Don’t be shy; tell your seller you will advertise on the busiest Property Website in South Africa, www.Privateproperty.co.za
Tell him that you would like to send weekly sms’s and emails to all registered buyers matching his property criteria. (By the way, we have more than 700 000 unique browsers visiting our website monthly)
Also offer your services by booking Show days, and if show days are not really your style………offer a virtual tour or even a video tour, or what about an online auction?
And by doing all of the above, you can with confidence tell your seller that you will give his property the best possible exposure!
Be Professional, be transparent, use the Private Property website to your advantage, but most of all be yourself!!
Have a read through the ABCD of Sole Mandates:
A – ATTITUDE & ACTION
- Self-confidence/ Look enthusiastic! (Sell yourself, it’s all about you)
- Find out why they are selling?? Be wide eyed!
- Have empathy! (but don’t get emotionally dragged into the client’s business)
- If Price and Reason for selling, do not talk to each other – caution!!! Don’t let the seller think you are agreeing, if you know you cannot deliver!!!
B – BE PREPARED!
- Be ON time. Look the part!
- Do proper Lightstone reports on the property before you go! In order for you to know and explain pricing! Have a plan of action it’s going to give you self-confidence!
- ACTION – Have a Plan of Action! Marketing Plan. What are going to do???
- Tick off what you are contemplating doing for them!
- You need to know what you are talking about. Who are you/company?
- BRAG BOOK. (Keep it short and to the point!)
- You had time to assess the situation:-
- NOW – 5 deadly D’s of Selling (Seller will look at an offer)
* DEATH * DEBT * DIVORSE * DEPARTURE * DESERTION
C – CILLAX –CONTRACT
- Have a Sole mandate contract on hand!
- Have fun! It’s very serious business, but let the Seller feel you are in control!!!
- Remember it’s about the seller – take lots of photos and find out what made them buy in the first place!
D – THE DEATH OF MANY AN AGENT!!!
- After service. Send them a weekly report on stats in showing how well their property is doing on Private Property.
- Very Important! Don’t overpromise and under deliver!!!
- Weekly updates! Can be written in a mail.
VERY IMPORTANT! IF YOU WERE THE SELLER WOULD YOU AWARD “YOU” THE AGENT THE MANDATE??
In conclusion: Exposure on Private Property Website + Sole Mandate (Ensure high Ranking) = Sales Success
If you would like to hear more about this success recipe please contact your Account Manager.